Columbia Street Resurfacing Project – Stetson Road to Florida Avenue
The Riverside County Board of Supervisors’ awarded a Construction Contract to the low, responsive bidder, All American Asphalt of Corona, on December 13, 2016. The Contract was in the amount of $1,116,441.41. Construction is expected to start in early 2017 and expected to last approximately 40 working days (about 2 months) – depending on weather conditions. The County is working with the City of Hemet to provide consistent blacktop along Columbia Street.
The project will:
- Reconstruct 4 existing access ramps to current ADA standards
- Construct 6 new access ramps at existing returns and cross walk locations
- Reconstruct portions of damage concrete curb, gutter and sidewalk
- Reconstruct and 6 existing concrete cross gutters
- Reconstruct and widen 2 existing concrete cross gutters
- Coldplane existing asphalt surface
- Place 0.13’ ARHM over 0.20’ HMA
- Place asphalt berm and mountable dike
- Place shoulder backing
- Replace striping, pavement markings and raised pavement markers
- Relocate and replace signs and sign posts
Additional Right-of-Way and Right of Entry will not be required to construct the improvements. All the improvements will be done within the existing footprint of the road. There are no road closures or detours proposed. There are no tree removals.