Phase 1 of the 16-mile regional master planned Salt Creek Trail will construct a 4-mile segment in the City of Menifee and a 1-mile segment in the City of Hemet beginning in December 2018. The trail will be constructed along the existing access road along the north side of the Salt Creek flood control channel between Goetz Road and Antelope Road in Menifee and along the existing north parkway of Domenigoni Parkway between Sanderson Avenue and Searl Parkway in Hemet. The trail will consist of a hard surfaced Class I bike path and a soft surface pedestrian path.
• Trail operated and maintained by: Riverside County Regional Park and Open-Space District
• Trail engineering and construction administered by: Riverside County Transportation Department
• Funding: $5.1 million from the Federal Highway Administration through the
Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality Improvement Program; $1.7 million from the Riverside County Regional Park and Open-space District through the Western Trails Development Impact Fee Program
• Environmental document release date: August 9, 2017
• Anticipated construction start date: December 2018