54th Avenue Resurfacing
Limits: Harrison St. to Grapefruit Blvd.
Length: Approximately 8,620’ (1.6 miles)
The County of Riverside Transportation Department is proposing to resurface approximately 1.6 miles of 54th Avenue from Harrison St. top Grapefruit Blvd. 54th Avenue is classified as an Urban Arterial Road in the County of Riverside General Plan. 54th Avenue is a two lane road and currently ranges from 24-62 feet wide. The proposed project will include Cold-In-Place recycling (CIR) the roadway width, and overlaying the (CIR) material with Hot Mix Asphalt (HMA).
Additional improvements include:
· Re-Construction of road section(s)
· Construction of some driveways, asphalt concrete dike, Curb and Gutter, Curb Ramp
· Placement of safety edge and shoulder backing
· Utility adjustments
· Striping of roadway, including pavement markers and reflectors
· Salvage/removal and installation of new signs
· Installing traffic loops
No additional right-of-way or temporary construction easements will be required to construct the proposed improvements.
Environmental Clearance: June 2018
Final Design: June 2018
Construction Start: To be determined
Construction Completion: To be determined