Mitchell Road Resurfacing
Limits: Mitchell Road from Bautista Road to Kirby Road
Length: Approximately 3 miles
The County of Riverside Transportation Department is proposing to resurface approximately 3 miles of Mitchell Road from Bautista Road to Kirby Road. Mitchell Road is classified as a Collector in the County of Riverside’s General Plan. Mitchell Road currently ranges from 51-24 feet wide with curb and gutter, sidewalk, and dike at various segments of the roadway. The proposed project will include pulverizing the roadway width and overlaying the pulverized material with Hot Mix Asphalt (HMA).
The proposed project will also include:
· Construction of some dirt street tie-ins
· Reconstruction of concrete cross gutter, spandrel, curb ramp, curb/gutter, asphalt concrete dike, and asphalt concrete driveway
· Placement of safety edge and shoulder backing
· Striping of roadway, including pavement markers and reflectors
· Salvage/removal and installation of new signs
No additional right-of-way will be required to construct the proposed improvements. The project improvements will not be within the existing footprint of the roadway and will raise the existing roadway profile by 0.35 feet.
Environmental Clearance: September 2018
Final Design: July 2018
Construction Start: To be determined
Construction Completion: To be determined